top of page
We want to develop America's national security and reputation throughout the world by supporting traditional allies, encouraging the spread of democratic institutions, and ensuring funding for the military.
● Our committee believes in ensuring adequate funding for the United States military while encouraging our allies to become less reliant on American intervention.
● We respect and maintain support for NATO, the United Nations, and the World Trade Organization because they promote a vision of global harmony and exchange among nations.
● NATO promotes peace, democracy, and the rule of law throughout the world, so we believe America should maintain its support for the alliance. NATO lowers the prospects of conventional war, and credible sources suggest a new significant war would cost the United States around $2.5 trillion per year.
● The United States should continue to invest in the world market because it spurs economic growth. America is heavily tied to the economies of nations such as Ireland, Japan, the United Kingdom, and Germany. This means their economic prosperity directly benefits our domestic markets. Over 39 million American jobs depend on trade within this global economy.
● We believe that the United States has a moral obligation to criticize the actions and human rights abuses of dictators throughout the world.
bottom of page